Skip to main content

A Day For Baking Bread



    Today, was a VERY rainy day.  One of those days where you want to eat warm food and not stray far from your bed. My boyfriend and I listened to church online, as it continued to rain outside. The pastor talked about Joy VS. Happiness. Explaining, that these two words have very different meanings. Hundreds of thousands of people every year search the word "happiness." So many (including myself), are searching for relief from this economy, answers to questions, and their identities that they are convinced they have lost. I've seen a multitude of How To Find  Happiness & Self Fulfillment books at the thrift store. In full transparency, I'm sure some of these books have made it into my buggy.  For some reason, these books that are supposed to give these life altering answers always get donated back. As I listened to the sermon, I learned that happiness is a feeling created from positive events happening around us. While joy, despite what is going on, is created from hope. And hope is always rooted in the Lord's word. Therefore, no matter what dark place you are currently in, you can find joy. For some reason, that was incredibly comforting.




One sentence the pastor told us to always remember: 

"Sometimes prison may not be the place you are in but the perspective you have." 

That REALLY hit home because my life coach and I have been talking a lot about perspective and how it can shift how one looks & handles a situation. 


I tried my hand tonight at making bread with four ingredients (Salt, Yeast, Water, And Flour). For the first time making bread, it came out pretty good. Of course, I had to cook it for 45-50 minutes as opposed to the 30 minutes it said. I found the recipe on the Youtube channel called Frugal Fit Mom. She posts all kinds of recipes for people on a budget.  

Another recipe I made is : Crock Pot Cheese Tortellini.  


This one turned so good! Even my boyfriend asked me what was in it because he was so impressed by it. This one was from The Simplified Saver on Youtube. She has a lot of recipes, some being Vegetarian, that she posts on her channel. The recipes are quick, easy, and affordable which I can definitely appreciate! We ate leftovers of this for dinner. 

I've learned three things about cooking. 

1. Cooking Makes Me Feel Safe
2. Cooking Makes me Feel Like I Contribute 
3. Cooking Saves A lot Of Money 

It is easy to get defeated when it comes to trying ANYTHING new. With that being said, I think you just have to figure out what works for YOU. For myself, I've realized that using the rice cooker or crockpot is really the way to go. Recipes with few ingredients that can be thrown together quickly are all that I should be looking into making. Unless that is I want to literally throw my sanity off a bridge!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Thank you for reading this blog. I hope you had a cozy day surrounded by that which brings joy to your life. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reconnecting With Yourself

      I continue to believe that a big part of starting over is reconnecting with yourself. It is important to remind yourself things you used to find passion in. I'm the happiest when I am feeling truly authentic. Selling has been a part of my soul for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, it continues to be an area that I "take a break from" or compromise on when it comes to giving something up.  It's essential to not feel shame about having things in your life that bring you peace.  I took time this weekend to pick out some cute packaging from the Dollar Tree to wrap one of my latest sales in.  As you can see, I have little cactus stickers, adorable rainbow paper, and to die for mini kitty cat card in this picture. I'm hoping that my buyer will smile when they open their package and that this bit of color will add sunshine to their day.      Something about myself that I have observed is that it is really on the day before I go back to work that I get truly

What To Do When You Can't Find Balance In Your Life

  Anyone else feel like they are struggling to get through each and every day?  You may be familiar with burn out spreading through your workplace like a wildfire.  Everyone looks like they are having an out of body experience from the level of stress they are experiencing, right? I know one of the biggest questions running through my mind right now is, what should I do to balance my life in the midst of the chaos. Todays answer: declutter my closet and donate 5 full trash bags of clothes (amongst other items).  For some reason, cleaning either my closet or car makes me feel like my life is semi together. The feeling never lasts, but it is a good short term stress relieving solution.  I thought in this blog I could make a list of things that I do to balance my life, in hopes that it may help someone that is starting over or looking for alternative ideas for handling stress.  Organizing/Donating - This topic I know I just mentioned. However, I want to emphasize how important it is to j