Skip to main content

Thrifted Potteries & Finding Out What You Love

 



I can't explain to you how many times I have sworn off buying breakable items. And yet, here today I gave in to filling my Goodwill thrift store buggy with delicate, textured, and colorful pottery.  Basically, all that was breakable, went in haha! I've noticed that I am attracted to speckled pottery. Thankfully, I did manage to reason with myself and put back a teapot that would have cost more than it was worth to ship. I've had a few very exhausting shipping experiences lately. One being a model boat that I sent one state away for $130 dollars.  A quote I always say is that "sometimes we pay to learn!" 

Speaking of things I am attracted too... I figured I would list a few. 

Vintage Scales 
Old Hardback Books 
Monstera, Tropical, And Rare Plants
My Crockpot 
Apothecaries 
Carved Wood Animals
Beaded, Handmade, Geometric Jewelry
Self Care & Decorating Books
Cats & Dogs 
Whimsical & Nature Photography
Room Spray 
Vanilla & Dessert Candles
Very Soft Blankets 
Fuzzy Socks 
Soft Pajamas 
Dave Ramsey's Advice 
Rain
Photographing Food I made In Pretty Pottery 
Watching Book Hauls On Youtube
My dear friends: Courtney, Holly, Deven, Lauren, and Ann Marie
My dear partner, John, whom I owe so much too
And, of course, handmade pottery!


As I think of more, I can add to the list! I think as you get older, you start to realize more of what you love. Things & moments that bring you personal comfort during dark storms. Places to find laughter and peace that are sacred to you. Ways to grieve that apply healing balm to your aching soul. 

If you are struggling to figure out things you personally love, I would recommend starting a journal. You can literally start a journal out of a notebook, mini journal from the Dollar Tree, note pad, paper you staple together, drawing pad, etc. It does have to be anything fancy. I would suggest starting to jot down things in a list that you find appealing, like I did above. It's important to remember, for us perfectionists, that there is no wrong answer! The things you love are what make you unique from other people. In today's society, you start to feel like you must fit into a box. And that if you do not fit, you are an outcast or failure. Though it is understandable to feel this way, it is definitely unhealthy. As interesting as social media can be, it causes a lot of negative self images from the information we internalize. 

Want my advice? Try distancing yourself from social media that you feel you consume too much of. For instance, I recently deleted my entire account on Facebook. For me personally, that social media platform caused me to spend way too much time thinking about what I didn't have and focusing on negativity. I'm not saying you need to delete any accounts! But just try to focus more on things that build you up, empower you as a person, and support your ambitions. 

Speaking of ambitions, my next one is to get in the bed soon! Currently, the situation is not looking all that feasible, as our cat Mouse has taken over my full size bed! Hope you are having a nice night and that this blog post inspired you to do a bit of journaling. Be gentle with yourself, give yourself grace, and know that you are doing a great job. 

See you next time! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reconnecting With Yourself

      I continue to believe that a big part of starting over is reconnecting with yourself. It is important to remind yourself things you used to find passion in. I'm the happiest when I am feeling truly authentic. Selling has been a part of my soul for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, it continues to be an area that I "take a break from" or compromise on when it comes to giving something up.  It's essential to not feel shame about having things in your life that bring you peace.  I took time this weekend to pick out some cute packaging from the Dollar Tree to wrap one of my latest sales in.  As you can see, I have little cactus stickers, adorable rainbow paper, and to die for mini kitty cat card in this picture. I'm hoping that my buyer will smile when they open their package and that this bit of color will add sunshine to their day.      Something about myself that I have observed is that it is really on the day before I go back to work that I get truly

A Day For Baking Bread

    Today, was a VERY rainy day.  One of those days where you want to eat warm food and not stray far from your bed. My boyfriend and I listened to church online, as it continued to rain outside. The pastor talked about Joy VS. Happiness . Explaining, that these two words have very different meanings. Hundreds of thousands of people every year search the word "happiness." So many (including myself), are searching for relief from this economy, answers to questions, and their identities that they are convinced they have lost. I've seen a multitude of How To Find  Happiness & Self Fulfillment books at the thrift store. In full transparency, I'm sure some of these books have made it into my buggy.  For some reason, these books that are supposed to give these life altering answers always get donated back. As I listened to the sermon, I learned that happiness is a feeling created from positive events happening around us. While joy, despite what is going on, is created

What To Do When You Can't Find Balance In Your Life

  Anyone else feel like they are struggling to get through each and every day?  You may be familiar with burn out spreading through your workplace like a wildfire.  Everyone looks like they are having an out of body experience from the level of stress they are experiencing, right? I know one of the biggest questions running through my mind right now is, what should I do to balance my life in the midst of the chaos. Todays answer: declutter my closet and donate 5 full trash bags of clothes (amongst other items).  For some reason, cleaning either my closet or car makes me feel like my life is semi together. The feeling never lasts, but it is a good short term stress relieving solution.  I thought in this blog I could make a list of things that I do to balance my life, in hopes that it may help someone that is starting over or looking for alternative ideas for handling stress.  Organizing/Donating - This topic I know I just mentioned. However, I want to emphasize how important it is to j