Skip to main content

When Quitting Your Job Means Investing In Life

Yesterday, I quit one of my jobs. Do you ever feel like your life is going up in flames? Literally? I took on two jobs, recently working six days a week, to "change my life." What ultimately happened was that I was so burned out from the stress that I didn't have time to enjoy life. In general. Time is our greatest commodity. I've found that I have gifted countless minutes to businesses that over work and underpay. This has caused me to sacrifice so many moments where I could have been reading in the sun, painting shells, listening to self help vlogs, walking in nature, and just remembering the importance of laughter. 



    Well, since I no longer have that job, today I remembered to be myself. I walked in the sunshine, mailed packages out, got a over sized Starbucks iced Vanilla Latte, found a stretched glass decor piece at a thrift store for $4.99, got a cord from Best Buy that hopefully will upload my photos for this blog, and put away laundry that was hidden behind my bed. It is amazing what you can check off your list when you are not punching a time clock. Though I realize that working is a priority for most of us, so should self care be. 

    That leads me to why I started this blog. Start Over Darling is going to encompass all sorts of challenges that we face when we start over and motivation to make it to the other side. I want to take the shame out of the rebuilding process, motivate people of all ages that it is never too late, bring transparency to the forefront, throw a huge tablespoon of sarcasm in my writing for laughs, and really put my soul into this blog. Though I'm thankful all of my failed marriages, careers, and living locations are not on my resume for display, I do have a deep desire to share my experiences with those that will tuck them away as hope for their heart. 

    Expect Start Over Darling to be colorful, Pinterest inspired, minimalistic, artsy, inspirational, emotional, well traveled, relatable, and balm for the aching soul. I encourage a supportive community of people from all walks of life, all religions, all sexualities, all locations, and all backgrounds to join me on this journey of healing, recovery, and starting over. I've always believed in the power of prayer and that we are stronger together. Never hesitate to share your story or advice in my comments section. I welcome positive support, as it gives us all a safe place to land. 

Start Over, Darling



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reconnecting With Yourself

      I continue to believe that a big part of starting over is reconnecting with yourself. It is important to remind yourself things you used to find passion in. I'm the happiest when I am feeling truly authentic. Selling has been a part of my soul for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, it continues to be an area that I "take a break from" or compromise on when it comes to giving something up.  It's essential to not feel shame about having things in your life that bring you peace.  I took time this weekend to pick out some cute packaging from the Dollar Tree to wrap one of my latest sales in.  As you can see, I have little cactus stickers, adorable rainbow paper, and to die for mini kitty cat card in this picture. I'm hoping that my buyer will smile when they open their package and that this bit of color will add sunshine to their day.      Something about myself that I have observed is that it is really on the day before I go back to work that I get truly

A Day For Baking Bread

    Today, was a VERY rainy day.  One of those days where you want to eat warm food and not stray far from your bed. My boyfriend and I listened to church online, as it continued to rain outside. The pastor talked about Joy VS. Happiness . Explaining, that these two words have very different meanings. Hundreds of thousands of people every year search the word "happiness." So many (including myself), are searching for relief from this economy, answers to questions, and their identities that they are convinced they have lost. I've seen a multitude of How To Find  Happiness & Self Fulfillment books at the thrift store. In full transparency, I'm sure some of these books have made it into my buggy.  For some reason, these books that are supposed to give these life altering answers always get donated back. As I listened to the sermon, I learned that happiness is a feeling created from positive events happening around us. While joy, despite what is going on, is created

What To Do When You Can't Find Balance In Your Life

  Anyone else feel like they are struggling to get through each and every day?  You may be familiar with burn out spreading through your workplace like a wildfire.  Everyone looks like they are having an out of body experience from the level of stress they are experiencing, right? I know one of the biggest questions running through my mind right now is, what should I do to balance my life in the midst of the chaos. Todays answer: declutter my closet and donate 5 full trash bags of clothes (amongst other items).  For some reason, cleaning either my closet or car makes me feel like my life is semi together. The feeling never lasts, but it is a good short term stress relieving solution.  I thought in this blog I could make a list of things that I do to balance my life, in hopes that it may help someone that is starting over or looking for alternative ideas for handling stress.  Organizing/Donating - This topic I know I just mentioned. However, I want to emphasize how important it is to j