Skip to main content

Thrifting Vintage Treasure To Decorate My Small Bedroom With

 



    My boyfriend and I have discovered this new bins store near us called, Where Ya Bin. Apparently, this store sells only Amazon returns at discounted prices. I wish I had a picture of the entire place but imagine the Goodwill Bins and that is pretty much it! The prices vary by day and decrease as the week goes on. Yesterday, it was $3 day. I picked up a few things like some crochet tools that I'm going to use to work with clay. Can you tell that I like to repurpose stuff haha! Today, everything at this store was $1. I picked up about $8 work of items. One being this wood mallet above. Though it has a big crack down the back of it, I thought aesthetically it was beautiful. As soon as I saw this guy, he literally called to me! 



    Another very interesting find is this fierce looking werwolf Halloween mask that I found right before I left. Something About the gold & black coloring just really grabbed my attention. This mask, though made of foam, reminds me of a bronze statue. I put this mask over one of the plates that I had hanging on my wall. Hopefully no one ever asks where I get my decorating ideas because I literally pull them out of the thin air. Whatever calls to me, goes on my wall or in my room somewhere. This wolf mask. was $1, which I am very happy with. 

       

    This next picture is of a little bee tray I attached to my wall with some command strips tonight. I found this guy at Goodwill for I believe $2.99 the other day. The other day I heard that bees make like a tablespoon of honey in their life time! That makes me feel amazed and yet, incredibly sad. And yet, for them I'm sure it is an incredible accomplishment. 


Here is my buggy at Goodwill. I literally had all Christmas decorations in there!! I discovered these really cute vintage Gnomes that I believe are made of clay, sitting on the shelves. They were $2.99 and because of that, they came home with me. The vintage paper Christmas ornaments in the box were all $4.99. My plan is to sell these individually. There is a lot that I need to get listed before Christmas, which feels overwhelming. When I went back to Goodwill today, I found even more gnomes! 



Thankfully, my boyfriend let me use the bottom shelf in his living room to store my entire mini community of gnomes that have moved in. They all look quite happy and jolly to be living with us! Keep me in your thoughts as I research, measure, photograph, and list all of the new little friends. In all reality, this was a $95 investment, as each piece was $2.99. I'm feeling pretty confident that was a good decision. With that being said, you never really know what is going to sell and what is not going too! It is all a game of chance at the end of the day. But I love to sell. It brings me peace. 

I saw these descriptive words in a decorator book, "Flea Market Decorating" by Better Homes And Gardens the other day: "weathered textures & time softened colors." The person was describing what they were passionate about selling. I loved those words and added them to my Etsy description. They also said "Buy What You Love. What you respond to with a passion. I don't have things out that I don't love." Beautiful! 

Lastly, but certainly not least, I started to read the Bible that I have kept next to my bed last night. In all transparency, I was feeling quite hopeless last night. Therefore, I Googled "versus to look up when you feel hopeless." These were the recommended verses: 



I then read some of Genesis about the creation & the great flood. I think these are two stories that are good to start with because they are easy to read and understand. It is interesting to me that God made animals before He made man for some reason. Also, that God felt so frustrated at His creations that he was going to literally "blot them all out." This makes me empathize with him, in that I have felt that way with art before. I just looked at whatever I created and felt like it was crap & that basically I wanted to trash it all. He found favor with Noah though, which seemed to give God hope and literally cause Him to change His mind about completely destroying everything. 

Something I am pondering is, was God in a more human form during this time? I'm not questioning God's power or my faith in Him. I'm just having a disconnect as to why He reacted with human emotions in an intense/angry way, when He is all knowing. The only answer that I can come up with is that He knew his creations were going to be reading His word one day. And that it was important for Him to be relatable in order to draw near to us. 

If you read this, thank you so much for your support! I continue to have good days and bad ones. Days where I feel like I am financially suffocating and others where I experience the sensation of being warm & safe. Starting over is definitely a brutal journey that has many twists and turns. It takes a lot of time, patience, and determination. You also must be very brave. Having experienced all that I have, when I look back, I do not think everyone could make it through all the things I have without turning to some form of extreme self sabotage. I'm thankful for my faith, love for reselling, my amazingly supportive boyfriend, the little bohemian bedroom, all the journals, the books that lay next to me in the bed, light from candles gently burning, and for the continued determination to never give up.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reconnecting With Yourself

      I continue to believe that a big part of starting over is reconnecting with yourself. It is important to remind yourself things you used to find passion in. I'm the happiest when I am feeling truly authentic. Selling has been a part of my soul for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, it continues to be an area that I "take a break from" or compromise on when it comes to giving something up.  It's essential to not feel shame about having things in your life that bring you peace.  I took time this weekend to pick out some cute packaging from the Dollar Tree to wrap one of my latest sales in.  As you can see, I have little cactus stickers, adorable rainbow paper, and to die for mini kitty cat card in this picture. I'm hoping that my buyer will smile when they open their package and that this bit of color will add sunshine to their day.      Something about myself that I have observed is that it is really on the day before I go back to work that I get truly

A Day For Baking Bread

    Today, was a VERY rainy day.  One of those days where you want to eat warm food and not stray far from your bed. My boyfriend and I listened to church online, as it continued to rain outside. The pastor talked about Joy VS. Happiness . Explaining, that these two words have very different meanings. Hundreds of thousands of people every year search the word "happiness." So many (including myself), are searching for relief from this economy, answers to questions, and their identities that they are convinced they have lost. I've seen a multitude of How To Find  Happiness & Self Fulfillment books at the thrift store. In full transparency, I'm sure some of these books have made it into my buggy.  For some reason, these books that are supposed to give these life altering answers always get donated back. As I listened to the sermon, I learned that happiness is a feeling created from positive events happening around us. While joy, despite what is going on, is created

What To Do When You Can't Find Balance In Your Life

  Anyone else feel like they are struggling to get through each and every day?  You may be familiar with burn out spreading through your workplace like a wildfire.  Everyone looks like they are having an out of body experience from the level of stress they are experiencing, right? I know one of the biggest questions running through my mind right now is, what should I do to balance my life in the midst of the chaos. Todays answer: declutter my closet and donate 5 full trash bags of clothes (amongst other items).  For some reason, cleaning either my closet or car makes me feel like my life is semi together. The feeling never lasts, but it is a good short term stress relieving solution.  I thought in this blog I could make a list of things that I do to balance my life, in hopes that it may help someone that is starting over or looking for alternative ideas for handling stress.  Organizing/Donating - This topic I know I just mentioned. However, I want to emphasize how important it is to j